This Easy Melting Moments Biscuit Recipe is so quick to make. Buttery, light and melt in the mouth. No eggs required. Just four ingredients are needed, plus a pinch of salt. You’ll have these cookies ready for your coffee break in no time.
Shortbread vs Melting Moment Cookies
The ingredients are more or less the same for both types of recipes. However, Shortbread Recipes generally use caster sugar rather than icing sugar. Which is what this recipe uses.
How to Make Melting Moments Biscuits
Once you have your oven on and Preheating, get a baking sheet ready and lined with a silicone baking sheet or baking parchment.
Cream the butter and sugar together until well combined. This will only take a couple of mins if the butter is soft enough. By that, I mean soft enough to spreading consistency.
Add the flour, cornflour, and salt. Mix everything together to form a smooth firm dough. Shape into small, walnut sized pieces.
Place these onto the prepared baking sheet. If you want to be exact, weight the dough first. Then divide into equal weights.
Before baking. Decorate each Melting Moment Biscuit, by gently pressing them down with the back of a fork. Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 – 20 mins. Or until baked.
They won’t have a dark golden baked colour and may still feel slightly soft as you take them out of the oven. But they will firm up once cooled.
Dust with caster sugar and leave to cool completely.
- If you’re particular about making each Melting Moment of equal size. Weigh the whole dough then divide into equal portions.
- If you chose to make them larger, you’ll need to adjust the baking times and cook them a little longer. But only by a few minutes.
- When using butter, there’s no need to add any Vanilla Extract either. Let the buttery flavour shine through.
- Having cornflour in the recipe gives these biscuits a nice light, melt in the mouth texture.
- If you don’t have corn flour, use plain flour instead
Other Cookie and Biscuit recipe for you to try.
- Cherry and Almond Flavoured Melting Moments
- Cherry Oat and White Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Glace Ginger, Oat and White Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Apricot, Almond and Oat Cookie Bars
- Lebkuchen Shortbread – These German style cookies are ideal for baking during the festive season.
Keen to Bake More?
You are also welcome to join my Best Cakes and Bakes Recipe Sharing group where I and a whole host of amazing food bloggers share their recipes.
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment with a rating, to let me know how you got on.
Easy Melting Moments Biscuit Recipe
Ingredients – Imperial /oz are approx weights which are calculated by a 3rd party app
- 50 g icing sugar sieved
- 100 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 g plain flour sieved
- 50 g cornflour sieved
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160deg fan assisted. Have ready a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking sheet or baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well combined. This will only take a couple of mins if the butter is soft enough.
- Add the flour, cornflour and salt. Mixed everything together to form a smooth firm dough.
- Shape into even small, walnut sized pieces. Place these onto the prepared baking sheet. If you wish to be exact, weight the dough first. Then divide into equal weights.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 – 20 mins. Or until baked. They won't have a deep golden baked colour and may still feel slightly soft as you take them out of the oven. But they will firm up once cooled.
Join my Free Email List.
Receive regular updates and details of new recipes straight to your mailbox.