These easy to make, Chocolate Easter Nests recipe are a no bake treat of Chocolate coated bran or cornflake breakfast cereals. Decorated with mini sugar-coated chocolate eggs and a white chocolate drizzle.
I adapted this recipe for Bran Flake Chocolate Nests from Tesco real food recipes. Replacing spinkles with sugar coated eggs and a good swish of melted white chocolate for good measure.
Make Easter Nests instead of Baskets
This is the perfect no bake recipe, which the whole family can get involved with, especially if you have any young children around the house and if you are HomeSchooling. They are very similar to Chocolate Easter Baskets, try using a variety of breakfast cereals to get the chocolate basket effect.
Ingredients for Chocolate Nests
You will find a full list of ingredients, including quantities and full instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chocolate - Milk, Plain or White chocolate will be fine.
- Bran Flakes - Cornflakes, Rice Crispies or similar breakfast cereals are fine.
- Golden Syrup - Runny Honey would be fine.
- Mini Chocolate Eggs - Maltesers would make a great alternative if you are making these nests at any time of the year, or run out of sugar-coated eggs.
As part of the Easter Celebration or Birthday Tea Party, why not add a few more treats. Such as this Easter Creme Egg Bundt Cake. The centre is filled with chocolate ganache and topped with Cadbury Creme Eggs.
Continuing the chocolate theme try this Easter chocolate Fudge Cake. Or this Simnel Cake topped with Marzipan and Hollow Chocolate Eggs
You can make these at any time of the year, not just for Easter. They make great Birthday Party Chocolate Treats. All you need to do is use different toppings for the BranFlake recipe. Make them in smaller bun cases for tiny hands to hold.
Note: This post was first published in March 2018, but has since been updated in Feb 2020.
Pin and Save for Later
Keen to Bake More?Subscribe to my newsletter. Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. You are also welcome to join my Facebook Baking Community group where members share images of all their lovely bakes to inspire and support each other with any baking issues. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment with a rating, to let me know how you got on.
Chocolate Easter Nests
- Cupcake Tin
- Cupcake Baking Cases
Ingredients - Imperial /oz are approx weights which are calculated by a 3rd party app
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 100 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 3 tbs golden syrup
- 100 g branflakes
- 27 sugar coated mini chocolate eggs.
- 50 g white chocolate roughly chopped
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with 9 paper cakes. This helps keep the nest shapes while the chocolate sets in the paper cases.
- Place the butter, chocolate and syrup in a medium sized pan. Gently heat until dissolved and mixed together.
- Take off the heat and add all the branflakes. Mix everything together, ensuring that all the branflakes are coated in chocolate. This will take a couple of minutes. I found that using a small silicone spatular made this easier as it scooped up all the chocolate from around the pan.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each of the paper cases. Add 3 of the sugar coated eggs on top.
- When completely filled, place the tray in the fridge for 10 – 15 mins until the chocolate starts to set.
- While the chocolate nests are setting, place the white chocolate into a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Allow the chocolate to melt, while stirring very gently.
- Take off the heat and pour the chocolate into a small disposable piping bag. Leave to cool a little.
- Once the chocolate nests are set, snip the end of the piping bag to make a tiny hole. Pipe the white chocolate across each of the nests in a zig zag fashion. Leave the nests to set completely.