These chocolate chip cookies are buttery with an ever so slightly chewy centre, and great vanilla and chocolatey flavours.
Get the kids involved
This is a good recipe to make with children while giving them a maths lesson. Weigh all the mixed dough together and decide how big they want the chocolate chip cookies to be, by dividing the mixture evenly and rolling them out with their hands.
Even more fun for them is drizzling the white chocolate over the cooled cookies. Making a mess is part of the fun of baking. I wonder who will be left with all the washing up?
You may also like to try;
Keen to Bake More?
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment with a rating, to let me know how you got on.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with a white chocolate drizzle
Ingredients - Imperial /oz are approx weights which are calculated by a 3rd party app
- 225 g butter softened
- 110 g Soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 275 g Plain Flour sieved
- 100 g White or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 50 g White chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg Fan. Have ready a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking parchment.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go along.
- Add the Vanilla Extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour. As the mixture starts to come together to form a dough, add the chocolate chips. Mix until well combined and the chocolate chips are evenly dispersed
- Roll the dough into walnut/golf ball sized pieces, depending on how large you want each cookie. Remember to space them out on the baking tray as the dough will spread slightly during baking. You can flatten them slightly by placing a piece of grease proof paper on top of each cookie, pressing them down with the bottom of a glass. This helps prevent the glass from sticking to the cookie dough.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 – 20 mins. Or until baked and slightly golden in colour and firm on the top. The timings depend on the size of cookies being baked.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling. Melt the white chocolate in a heat proof dish over a pan of simmering water. Take off the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Drizzle or pipe (using a piping bag) the white chocolate over the cookies. Leave the chocolate to set before eating.
- Will keep in an airtight container for a couple of days.
- If you want your cookies to be evenly sized. Weigh the whole cookie dough and divide into the number of cookie sizes you want to make. Each weighing the same before baking.